This month is our General Meeting, which means we’re electing new board members. We’ve also got two very interesting speakers who will be talking about coming changes in the neighborhood. We’re going to hear from OMSI about their redevelopment plans, and St. Philip Neri about possible future uses for their campus.
We will also be updating our bylaws; there are a lot of changes, most of which have no impact on meaning, but improve grammar and readability. You can see the proposed bylaws here.
If you are interested in running for the Board, and haven’t yet identified yourself, please contact email@example.com so we can get a sense of how many people are interested. There are plenty of open seats, and you can nominate yourself at the meeting, so this isn’t a requirement, but it’s helpful to have a sense for numbers.
The HAND Executive/Agenda Committee will be meeting on Apr 1 @ 7PM @ Palio on Ladd Circle to plan the April board meeting. There are no other items on the agenda at this time.
The public is welcome to attend; if you are not a regular attendee, please RSVP so we can reserve adequate space.
The HAND Executive Committee will meet on Monday Apr 22nd at 7PM at Palio on Ladd Circle. All are welcome to attend.
1) Set the agenda for the May meeting
2) Discuss the most effective use of our audio recorder
3) Call the Rapid Response Committee to order (see below)
4) Any other business that comes before the committee
===== Rapid Response Committee =====
The HAND bylaws establish a committee called the Rapid Response Committee — this body consists of the board officers, who are empowered to act on behalf of the board when there is not time to convene the entire board. Any decisions made by the RR must be ratified at a subsequent board meeting or be rescinded. Because the RR Committee is conservative in temperament, the HAND Board has never reversed a RR Committee decision.
The RR will convene as part of the Executive Committee meeting, and will consider a letter written by the Historic Committee in response to the Historic Resources Code Project we heard about at our April 16th meeting; the deadline for comments falls before our next full board meeting. Board members did not feel prepared to vote on the letter, so we decided to let the RR Committee make a decision and review it afterward. We will be considering whether to send the letter or not.
The letter in question is available here: