TriMetâ€™s proposal for bus service changes is now online atÂ trimet.org/buschangesÂ and we invite you to study it, provide feedback, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.
The proposal includes additional service, beyond the starting assumptions we shared this winter. Service would include:
- Revised route for Line 28 west of Linwood Street that serves Johnson Creek Boulevard, connects to MAX at the SE Tacoma St/Johnson Creek Station (including bus stop within the station site), and serves the existing Milwaukie Park & Ride.
- Doubled frequency on Lines 28 and 34 (weekdays, about every 35 minutes instead of existing 70-minute frequency).
- Revised route for Line 99 that continues to serve existing Milwaukie Park & Ride, connects to MAX at the SE Tacoma St/Johnson Creek Station (with bus stop in the station site), serves Tacoma Street and continues into downtown Portland via Sellwood Bridge, Macadam Boulevard and Corbett Street. (This would begin when Sellwood Bridge is available for bus traffic. Interim route to be determined.)
- Revised routes for Lines 31, 32 and 33, with connections to MAX in Milwaukie, but no service into Portland.
- Revised route for lines 9 and 17, using Tilikum Crossing instead of Ross Island Bridge. (Line 19 would keep its current route, in order to maintain service at stops near Ross Island Bridge.)
TriMet is also working with the community to create a long-term vision for better transit in the southeast part of the region, including the area around the new MAX Orange Line.Â Through 2015, TriMet will be identifying opportunities for more local and regional service and better connections to jobs, education, and services.Â We will also seek early opportunities for better local service and connections in and with the cities and urbanized areas of Clackamas County.Â Learn more and get involved atÂ trimet.org/southeast.
We will be distributing this info about the proposal on-board buses in July, and hosting open houses, which we hope you can attend. (Our next CAC meeting will be this fall.)
- Monday, July 21, 6 to 7:30 p.m., St. John The Evangelist Episcopal Church, 2036 SE Jefferson St., Milwaukie
- Tuesday, July 22, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Pioneer Community Center, 615 5th St., Oregon City
- Wednesday, July 23, 5 to 6:30 p.m., Sacred Heart Villa, 3925 SE Milwaukie Ave., Portland
- Thursday, July 24, 5 to 6:30 p.m., CH2M Hill Lunch Room, 5th Floor, 2020 SW 4th Ave., Portland