The Tsuga Community Commission is hosting a free day camp program called Neighborhood PLACE: Parks Learning & Community Enhancement this summer for youth in the SE Portland area.
PLACE is a traditional day-camp program running from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm with shoulder hour service available upon request.
The registration period for each week of Neighborhood PLACE is the Friday immediately preceding the beginning of each camp.Â This means that for each camp we’re running in Portland this summer, you can register up until the date listed below.Â Everyone who registers will receive a parent preparation packet outlining the schedule of activities and field trips for the week.
- PLACE:Â Goose Hollow – registration deadline, Friday July 5th
- PLACE:Â Mt. Tabor – registration deadline, Friday July 26th
- PLACE:Â Linnton – registration deadline, Friday August 2nd
Here are some additional details for you to consider prior to participating:
- This type of traditional day-camp program is unique, only happening for one week per neighborhood, and is FREE (yes, there is a $25 registration software fee that also covers the cost of a t-shirt for each camper).Â If your children age 9 – 15 are not doing anything that week, they should seriously consider participating to be a stronger and more connected component of your neighborhood community.
- We do have a small budget for food and snacks and ensure everyone is never hungry at camp.Â However, we do request that families send their children with some snacks and / or lunch each day.
- Our staff are all college educated and well experience working with youth and teens at camp.
- Neighborhood PLACE is a traditional day-camp experience, but offers much more with local environmental education, experiential field trips into local history, communication skills games, and plenty of arts and crafts.
You and the friends of your children can enjoy a fun-filled, education and easy week together in your local community this summer by registering through the Neighborhood PLACE web page.Â Look for the green registration button.