HAND Neighborhood Meeting
Tuesday, February 16
7 – 9 PM
St. Paul Room, St. Philip Neri (SE 16th & Division)
Land Use meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Two key items —
1) A discussion with a parent representative from the Cleveland High cluster regarding potential impacts of the high school reconfiguration (still to be finalized) and the interrelationship of healthy schools and healthy neighborhoods.
2) Serious concerns about pet waste. In addition to the issues at Abernethy School raised in the February Southeast Examiner, HAND Board members have been contacted from several directions by neighbors concerned about the failure of some dog owners to clean up after their pets. So we’ll be exploring how we might work with our schools to address concerns about pet waste (or fill in your favorite word), dogs digging holes in school grounds and rats using them to surface on the playing fields. We’ll be trying to find ways to get ourselves back to being the good neighbors we know how to be.
And then we’ll be talking about fun stuff like open space possibilities for our neighborhood, the Garden of Wonders, restarting our library committee and more. Hope you can join us.
Land Use Agenda (6:30 PM)
(1) Light Rail Station Area Planning Update
– Proposed location of the station area pedestrian overpass — an opportunity to weigh in
(2) Update on plans for site at SE 20th and Market
Board Agenda (7:00 PM)
Crime Prevention Report
High School Reconfiguration & its impact on our neighborhood â€“ Mike Rosen
Dog Summit with Abernethy — Patty Fink
A Branch Library for HAND??
(1) Abernethy Garden of Wonders â€“ Sarah Sullivan
(2) Community Open Space Opportunities
– SE 19th Ave Pocket Park & REACH Triangle Site (SE Ladd & Division)
(3) Southeast Uplift Report — Tim
(4) Portland Plan
(5) Division Streetscape
(6) (4) SB 1026-1 Change in Liquor Law
(1) Clean Up Plans
(2) Approval of Minutes
(3) April Bike Film Fest at 26th and Clinton
For more information, contact HAND Chair Alex Bassos, email@example.com